Hip Flexor Stretch
2. Tighten your abdominal muscles (stomach) and lean forward without arching your lower back. Feel the stretch in the front of your thigh. Hold for 7 – 10 seconds, repeat 5 times and then switch sides.
Caution: Keep your back and neck straight. Looking straight ahead will help.
2. Grasp your thigh behind the bent knee and slowly pull your knee up towards your chest.
3. Hold for 7 – 15 seconds, slowly release the leg back down to the floor, relax & repeat.
Caution: Keep your back and neck straight and look straight ahead.
Hip Rotator Stretch
2. Gently push your top knee away from you. If you are doing it correctly you should feel the stretch in your buttock.
3. Hold for about 10 seconds and repeat 5 – 10 times on either side.
Caution: Use a pillow to keep your neck from arching and keep your back flat on the floor.
2. Keeping your neck straight, push yourself up on your forearms. Hold for 7 – 15 seconds, then slowly and steadily lie back down and assume position 1.
Caution: Keep your stomach and hips on the floor and don’t arch your neck.
2. Looking at the ceiling, tighten your stomach muscles, and slowly lift your shoulder blades off the floor – no higher than around 30-degrees. Hold for 5 – 10 seconds, then slowly lie back down.
3. Relax, and repeat 10 times.
Caution: Don’t pull up with your neck and keep your arms relaxed so that your abdomen does the work.
2. Tighten your stomach and buttock muscles. Slowly lift your buttocks off the floor until there is a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
3. Hold for 10 seconds and repeat 7 – 15 times.
Caution: Use a pillow to keep your neck from arching and don’t raise your upper back from the floor.